squad | 2015-04-20
Luis Suárez: The tie is not over
It's not important who scores the goals
The most important statements from Luis Suárez's press conference ahead of the PSG game were the following:
- "Despite the positive result in the first game we know that this quarterfinal is not resolved because PSG are a great rival."
- "I feel like I am helping the team. As long as the team plays well I'll be happy regardless of the fact that I score. It's not important who scores the goals, it's important that the team qualifies."
- "We are in a part of the season when we need to manage the risks involved. I didn't feel any discomfort in the Valencia game, I was subbed out because there were fresher players and the coach decided to make the change. There's no problem. The games are very demanding."
- "We are athletes, but we get tired like any other person. What we need to do is to overcome that exhaustion the best way possible. We have to eat right and rest. Although I prefer having a lot of games during this part of the season rather than having none."
- "I don't think about the other players that were here before me. I only focus on helping the team and I feel important to it right now."
- "The worst thing we could do is think that the tie is resolved. We are aware of the fact that PSG have players of great quality and we have to face the game with the same intensity we did last week."
- "Winning the Champions League is a motivation. I have always wanted to play in this competition, even more so with Barcelona. I am enjoying this moment and every Champions League game a lot. We have to keep building our road to the title."
- "You demand more of yourself in these types of games. When things don't go well we have the luck to have another game within three or four days to fix our mistakes."
- "My role model was Batistuta. He was a very special number 9. I don't want to be like him, but I admired him a lot in his time at Fiorentina and Roma. As an Uruguayan I also learned a lot from Francescoli."
- "The nutmegs on David Luiz? I was just trying to get past him, nothing more. These are decisions you make in the moment."
- "Ibrahimovic has always been one of the three best forwards in the world. He is a very important player for PSG and we must keep an eye on him tomorrow."
- "I've always felt comfortable both with my teammates and the city."
- "I'm never happy when another player gets injured. Modric is very important for Madrid but they have a great squad."
- "I neither think I'm the best when I'm scoring goals, nor do I think I'm the worst when I make mistakes."
- "It's up to other people to say if we have the best front three in the world. But Pedro, Munir and Sandro also helped us a lot. We are aware that we are here to achieve great things for Barcelona. It doesn't matter who scores the goals."
- "I appreciate the confidence my teammates and coach had in me at first, despite the criticism."
- "I don't think about being the top scorer of the Champions League. My objective is to reach the final. We think of things from the group's perspective."
- "I never thought about the transfer fee that Barcelona spent on me. That would have made things even more difficult. I know when I've played well and when I haven't. There was a moment when I wasn't feeling right but my family and teammates stood by me and the coach kept playing me."
- "I try to see all of Liverpool's games. They have great players. When I was there they knew that my dream of to play for Barça."
- "When I got here I was shy with Messi and Neymar. They told me to play the same way I did at Liverpool. We have a great feeling off the pitch too, we make a lot of jokes."
Anything wrong? Send your correction.